Being arrested and charged with a crime is stressful, intimidating, and confusing. On what is likely to be one of the worst days of your life, you need an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side. Your rights, your future, and your freedom may be on the line.
At Bain Sheldon, we provide strong criminal defense representation to people in the Richmond and throughout the surrounding communities. If you are facing criminal charges after a drug arrest, traffic stop or any other reason — don’t put your defense off another minute. Call our Richmond law office at 804-282-8625 or contact us online for your free, confidential initial consultation today.
Our Richmond, VA criminal defense lawyers have experience handling a wide range of different charges. No matter the specific circumstances of your case, we are prepared to take action to protect your legal rights and your interests. Some of the specific misdemeanor and felony cases that we handle include:
- Drug arrests
- DUI/DWI charges
- Traffic violations
- Theft charges
- Assault & Battery
- Domestic violence crimes
- Weapons charges
- Criminal trespass and/or damage to property
- Disorderly persons
- Other misdemeanor charges
- Other felony offenses
The consequences of a criminal conviction can be significant. Beyond the direct criminal penalties there are a number of additional issues that must be carefully considered. For example, juveniles, college students, military personnel and licensed professionals may have more at stake than they realize.
- Teenagers / Juveniles who are convicted of a criminal offense may face difficulty getting into college, qualifying for student loans or finding employment later in life. College students charged with a crime are at risk for suspension, expulsion and losing their eligibility for student loans.
- Military personnel face consequences in terms of career, benefits and discipline within the military system of justice itself. A conviction may impact their ability to hold a security clearance.
- Licensed professionals may lose their license and ability to earn a living. All risk losing their freedom for at least some period of time.
Our Richmond, VA criminal law attorneys understand what is at stake when you or a member of your family is charged with a criminal offense. Ensure that you understand the consequences of the pending charge. If your son or daughter has been arrested, if you are or were in the military, if you hold a professional license or if you are currently enrolled at one of the many institutions of higher learning in the Central Virginia area — we encourage you to contact us office today for your free initial consultation regarding your defense.
We are committed to providing effective and results-oriented legal representation to our clients. At Bain Sheldon, our Central Virginia criminal defense attorneys handle every case with diligence, compassion, and a high level of professional care. Among other things, we are prepared to:
- Conduct a free, confidential assessment of your case
- Answer your questions
- Investigate the criminal charges
- Build a strong, and effective legal defense
- If appropriate, negotiate with prosecutors
You deserve fully personalized legal representation. Our legal team understands that every case is unique. If you are facing false or unjust charges, we will fight aggressively to get them dismissed. If the prosecution has sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction, our Richmond defense lawyers will take action to secure an agreement that best protects your future.
At Bain Sheldon, our Richmond, VA criminal law attorneys understand what is at stake when you or a member of your family is charged with a criminal offense. If you or your loved one was arrested, please do not hesitate to call us at 804-282-8625 or contact us online for a free initial consultation today. With an office in Richmond, we serve communities throughout the region.